It’s almost here!
In some respects, it feels like June 6th was years ago and in some only yesterday. Regardless, we are counting down the days and hours before the start of the 2018-2019 school year. Here are a few last-minute reminders for parents, students and community members:
- Make sure your child’s school has the updated contact information including phone number, emergency contact numbers, address and email address.
- Contact your child’s teacher to determine their preferred method of contact should you need to communicate with them.
- Review your child’s route to and from school.
- Review safety rules whether your child walks, bikes or rides the bus to school.
- Create a quiet and consistent space at home for students to complete homework away from distractions of television and electronic devices.
- Establish and enforce a regular sleep routine, consistent bedtime and wake-up time.
- Reinforce with your child about sticking to his/her after-school routine, including routes and destinations.
- Slow down in school zones, obey the speed limit and be aware of students in crosswalks and bus zones.
Thank you for your support and continuing efforts to work with the Pendleton School District to educate your child. Remember, school starts Tuesday, August 28th!