The Pendleton School District contracts with Mid Columbia Bus Company for transportation services in the District.
Bus Facts & Figures
- West Boundary - Yoakum Road
- East Boundary - Meacham
- 36 daily routes, including 7 special needs routes
- 10 kindergarten routes
- 36 regular bus drivers and 7-10 substitute drivers
- Buses transport 2,600-3,000 students each year
- 2008-2009: Buses drove 605,000 miles - with no at-fault accidents
- 2009-2010: Buses drive 575,000 miles (smaller number of miles due to 11 cut school days)
- Drivers average approximately 70 miles/day each
- First child on a bus at 6:05 a.m., last child dropped off at around 5 p.m.
- If the buses don't run (i.e., if school is closed or delayed due to bad weather), MidCo doesn't make any money and neither do bus drivers.
Links, Policies, & Information
- School Delays/Closures & SNOW ROUTE Information
- How do the District and bus company decide to close/delay school?
- Bus Driver Training/Bullying on the Bus
- Bus Rules Booklet - (PDF)
- Bus Referral Form (front) - (PDF)
- Bus Referral Form (back) - (PDF)
Mid Columbia Bus Co. Contact Info
Mid Columbia Bus Company
Mark Parm, Manager