About the Pendleton School District
The Pendleton School District has an enrollment of approximately 2,090 students in the early learning center, three elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. There are approximately 219 kindergartners, 1,095 elementary students (grades 1-5), 670 middle school students (grades 6-8) and 831 high school students (grades 9-12).
Data from 2020-21 Oregon At-A-Glance District Profile
District Advantages – Big City Educational Opportunities in a Rural Community
The PSD has distinct advantages not always found in districts of a similar size.
- Students in Pendleton schools usually score well on state achievement tests. Traditionally, those students who plan to attend college score well above state and national scores on the SAT.
- The PSD is staffed with many dedicated long-term employees.
- Grades 1-12 are provided opportunities with a full Music program.
- The Pendleton High School offers a comprehensive Career & Technical Education (CTE) program.
- Middle school students have a rich choice of elective programs to choose from.
Outstanding Programs and Community Involvement
The Pendleton schools have an outstanding music program with instruction in band, choir and orchestra at the middle and senior high schools.
Pendleton sports programs have long-standing reputations for winning, attributed in large part to the tremendous community pride, spirit and tradition. Many sports start at the grade school level and continue through high school with a positive attitude and thus a winning program.
The district also has many school-related clubs, organizations and extracurricular activities that give students the opportunity to be involved in their schools and community. An aggressive DARE program, character education program and gang awareness education is stressed at all levels.