Safe Schools Committee
The Safe Schools Committee meets three times during the school year and as necessary when situations arise. Meeting dates are:
- September 22, 2020 at 4:00 pm, Virtual
- January 26, 2021 at 4:00 pm at PFD (sub-committee)
- April 27, 2021 at 4:00 pm. at the District Office
The Safety Committee is a blend of school personnel and community partners, including first responders. The committee is charged to periodically review safety and security procedures, emerging trends that may impact schools, and make recommendations to policies and administrative regulations as needed.
- Review safety programs, strategies, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Examine safety and security issues related to the school system and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Explore ways to involve the community in promoting school safety.
- Regularly review emergency preparedness of the school system.
2020-2021 Committee Members
|Aimee VanNice||Principal – Washington|
|Charles Byram||Chief Pendleton Police Department|
|Dale Primmer||Director of Community Justice|
|Dan Primus||District Attorney’s Office|
|Dave Williams||Principal – Sunridge Middle School|
|Digna Morena||Juvenile Detention|
|Emily Smith||St. Anthony Hospital|
|Jim Critchley||Chief Pendleton Fire Department|
|Julie Muller||PSD Board Member|
|Karl Farber||Oregon State Police|
|Lance Zaugg||School Resource Officer|
|Lynn Lieuallen||PSD Board Member|
|Michelle Jones||PSD Director of Business Services|
|Mike Somnis||Pendleton High School – Athletic Director|
|Ryan Heinrich||Nixyáawii Community School|
|Terry Rowan||Umatilla County Sherriff’s Department|
|Thyra Lepak||MidCo Bus Company|
|Timothy Addleman||Tribal Police Department|
|Tony Nelson||Pendleton Police Department|