Safe Schools Committee
The Safety Committee is a blend of school personnel and community partners, including first responders. The committee is charged to periodically review safety and security procedures, emerging trends that may impact schools, and make recommendations to policies and administrative regulations as needed.
- Review safety programs, strategies, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Examine safety and security issues related to the school system and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Explore ways to involve the community in promoting school safety.
- Regularly review emergency preparedness of the school system.
The Safe Schools Committee meets three times during the school year and as necessary when situations arise. Meeting dates are:
- October 26, 2023 at 4:00 pm at the District Office
- January 25, 2024 at 4:00 pm at the District Office
- April 25, 2024 at 4:00 pm at the District Office
2023-24 Committee Members
|Angela Lattin||Principal – PELC|
|Charles Byram||Chief Pendleton Police Department|
|Dale Freeman||PSD Board Member|
|Dale Primmer||Director of Community Justice|
|Dan Primus||District Attorney’s Office|
|Digna Moreno||Juvenile Detention|
|Emily Smith||St. Anthony Hospital|
|Karl Farber||Oregon State Police|
|Kevin Dinning||Principal – Washington|
|Lance Zaugg||School Resource Officer|
|Michelle Jones||PSD Director of Business Services|
|Pat Dutcher||Principal – PHS|
|Patrick Phillips||First Student, Inc.|
|Piper Kelm||Principal – SMS|
|Ronda Smith||Principal – Sherwood Elementary|
|Ryan Heinrich||Nixyáawii Community School|
|Ryan Lehnert||PSD Board Member|
|Sherri Kilgore||Principal – McKay|
|Terry Rowan||Umatilla County Sherriff’s Department|
|Timothy Addleman||Tribal Police Department|
|Tony Nelson||Pendleton Police Department|
|Tony Pierotti||Chief Pendleton Fire Department|