Safe Schools Committee
The Safe Schools Committee meets three times during the school year and as necessary when situations arise. Meeting dates are:
- September 20, 2022 at 4:00 pm
- January 24, 2023 at 4:00 pm
- April 25, 2023 at 4:00 pm
The Safety Committee is a blend of school personnel and community partners, including first responders. The committee is charged to periodically review safety and security procedures, emerging trends that may impact schools, and make recommendations to policies and administrative regulations as needed.
- Review safety programs, strategies, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Examine safety and security issues related to the school system and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Explore ways to involve the community in promoting school safety.
- Regularly review emergency preparedness of the school system.
2022-23 Committee Members
|Beth Harrison||PSD Board Member|
|Charles Byram||Chief Pendleton Police Department|
|Dale Primmer||Director of Community Justice|
|Dan Primus||District Attorney’s Office|
|Digna Moreno||Juvenile Detention|
|Emily Smith||St. Anthony Hospital|
|Jim Critchley||Chief Pendleton Fire Department|
|Karl Farber||Oregon State Police|
|Lance Zaugg||School Resource Officer|
|Lynn Lieuallen||PSD Board Member|
|Michelle Jones||PSD Director of Business Services|
|Pat Dutcher||Principal – PHS|
|Patrick Phillips||First Student, Inc.|
|Piper Kelm||Principal – SMS|
|Ronda Smith||Principal – Sherwood Elementary|
|Ryan Heinrich||Nixyáawii Community School|
|Terry Rowan||Umatilla County Sherriff’s Department|
|Timothy Addleman||Tribal Police Department|
|Tony Nelson||Pendleton Police Department|