To accomplish its mission of ensuring that all students learn and achieve their maximum potential, each year the School Board establishes goals and priorities that provide a framework for the district’s continuous improvement efforts.
2017-18 Board Goals:
Goal 1 - Pursuit of Instructional Excellence
Critical elements of instructional excellence:
• Cultivate a collegial culture that utilizes the power of professional learning communities and peer coaching.
• Ensure that all staff are culturally competent and utilize best practices.
• Ensure that all staff have the knowledge and skills to address the diverse needs of our students and families.
• Maintain focus on the PSD Instructional Framework.
Goal 2 – Be Responsive to the needs of all students
Critical elements for all students to reach their full potential:
• Applying best practices that bridge or reduce the impact to achievement for students of trauma, poverty, cultural diversity.
• Create and implement systems that meet the physical, social, emotional and mental health need of all students.
• Providing for academic interventions early and often to ensure all students are at grade level literacy benchmarks by grade 3.
• Ensure that there is relevance and rigor at all levels to promote student engagement.
Goal 3 – Innovative and emerging practices, strategies and programs
Critical elements of classrooms and schools without borders:
• Innovative practices to the structure of the school day or year that are supported by replicable data.
• Bridging the classroom experience to the world of work.