The Key Communicator Network is a network of opinion leaders who establish solid two-way communications among organizations and their public. These opinion leaders talk to lots of people who tend to listen to what they have to say. They keep in touch with district officials and immediately report questions, concerns, rumors, etc.
Goals of the Key Communicator Network Committee Include:
- Improved communication with the public leads to better student education because of a higher level of trust and communication in decision making.
- An informed community also increases parental involvement and support for students.
Who are the Pendleton School District's Key Communicators?
|Beth Harrison||Parent||Casey White Zollman||BMCC|
|Chris Fritsch||PSD Superintendent|
|Chris Rush||East Oregonian|
|Darcey Ridgway||Ed Foundation|
|Dennis Bailey-Fougnier||BMCC President|
|Gail Nelson||Umatilla Co Economic Dev & Tourism|
|Gary Burke||CTUIR Board of Trustees Chairman|
|Gary George||Board Member|
|Heidi Van Kirk||Parent|
|Jane Hill||Community Leader|
|Julie Smith||PSD Director of Special Programs|
|Karen Shearer||OEA Rep|
|Kathryn B. Brown||East Oregonian|
|Kevin Hale||Coldwell Banker|
|Kristen Dollarhide||Travel Pendleton|
|Leslie Carnes||Lost & Found|
|Liam Hughes||Parks & Rec|
|Linda Neuman||City Council|
|Mark Mulvihill||InterMountain ESD|
|Matt Yoshioka||PSD Director of CIA|
|Michele Madril||InterMountain ESD|
|Michelle Jones||PSD Director of Business Services|
|Pat Beard||Convention Center|
|Preston Eagleheart||Cayuse Technologies|
|Rick Oliver||St Anthony Hospital Pastoral Care|
|Robb Corbett||Pendleton City Manager|
|Roberta Lavadour||Arts Center|
|Stuart Roberts||Pendleton Police Department|
|Terry Murray||Elkhorn Media|
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Pendleton School District's Key Communicator Network, please contact:
When do Key Communicators meet with the District?
3 times a year for 60-90 minutes.
- October 24, 2019
- February 20, 2020
- May 14, 2020
District Office Contacts for Key Communicators
Key Communicators may contact Pendleton School District officials by visiting the District Office (107 NW 10th St.), by calling the appropriate phone number or via email.
- Chris Fritsch, Superintendent | 541.276.6711 | cfritschpendletonsd.org
- Ronda Thornburg, Superintendent’s Secretary | 541.276.6711 | ronda.thornburgpendleton.k12.or.us (r)thornburgpendletonsd.org
- Michelle Jones, Director of Business Services | 541.966.3259 | michelle.jonespendleton.k12.or.us (m)ijonespendletonsd.org
- Matt Yoshioka, Director of Curriculum | 541.966.3260 | matt.yoshiokapendleton.k12.or.us (m)yoshiokapendletonsd.org
- Julie Smith, Director of Special Programs | 541.966.3262 | julie.smithpendleton.k12.or.us (j)smithpendletonsd.org