The Key Communicator Network is a network of opinion leaders who establish solid two-way communications among organizations and their public. These opinion leaders talk to lots of people who tend to listen to what they have to say. They keep in touch with district officials and immediately report questions, concerns, rumors, etc.
Goals of the Key Communicator Network Committee Include:
- Improved communication with the public leads to better student education because of a higher level of trust and communication in decision making.
- An informed community also increases parental involvement and support for students.
Who are the Pendleton School District's Key Communicators?
|Casey White Zollman||BMCC|
|Chris Fritsch||Pendleton SD Superintendent|
|Chris Rush||East Oregonian|
|Dale Freeman||Pendleton SD Board Member|
|Fred Robinson||Business Leader|
|Gail Nelson||Umatilla Co Economic Development & Tourism|
|Jane Hill||Community Leader|
|Julie Smith||Pendleton SD Director of Special Programs|
|Karin Power||Retired Teacher|
|Kathryn B. Brown||East Oregonian|
|Kevin Hale||Coldwell Banker|
|Kristin Dollarhide||Travel Pendleton|
|Liam Hughes||Pendleton Parks & Rec|
|Mark Mulvihill||InterMountain ESD|
|Matt Yoshioka||Pendleton SD Director of Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment|
|Michael Corey||Wheatland Insurance|
|Michele Madril||InterMountain ESD|
|Michelle Jones||Pendleton SD Director of Business Services|
|Modesta Minthorn||Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation|
|Pat Beard||Pendleton Convention Center|
|Rick Oliver||St. Anthony Hospital Pastoral Care|
|Robb Corbett||Pendleton City Manager|
|Roberta Lavadour||Pendleton Center for the Arts|
|Stuart Roberts||Pendleton Police Department|
|Wil Phinney||Confederated Umatilla Journal|
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Pendleton School District's Key Communicator Network, please contact:
When do Key Communicators meet with the District?
3 times a year for 60-90 minutes.
- October 25, 2018
- February 21, 2019
- May 16, 2019
District Office Contacts for Key Communicators
Key Communicators may contact Pendleton School District officials by visiting the District Office (107 NW 10th St.), by calling the appropriate phone number or via email.
- Chris Fritsch, Superintendent | 541.276.6711 | chris.fritschpendleton.k12.or.us
- Ronda Thornburg, Superintendent’s Secretary | 541.966.3250 | ronda.thornburgpendleton.k12.or.us
- Michelle Jones, Director of Business Services | 541.966.3259 | michelle.jonespendleton.k12.or.us
- Matt Yoshioka, Director of Curriculum | 541.966.3260 | matt.yoshiokapendleton.k12.or.us
- Julie Smith, Director of Special Programs | 541.966.3262 | julie.smithpendleton.k12.or.us